Without any of the previous pandemic restrictions now being enforced, we're not anticipating any mandated restrictions to our program for 2024. Our plan, as always, is to offer a viable program with everyone encouraged to participate at their own comfort level. As such, regardless of any mandates, we expect everyone to be considerate of the health and safety concerns of others throughout the season. For better or worse, as conditions change, safety guidelines could change as well and all participants in our program must act and behave to remain in compliance.
For our 2024 season, we're still recommending that end that each team has at least one designated safety coordinator to ensure that everyone on their team is able to participate within their own comfort level without infringing on others. Note that there will be sharing of the equipment (helmets, masks, catcher's gear, bats, etc.) that we provide to the teams. There may need to be modifications to the program as outlined to ensure that everyone is comfortable participating and can do so without undue health risk.
Masks: At the time of writing, use of respiratory masks is not mandated but still recommended.
• Vaccinations --- Proof of vaccination is not required so we will not be requesting it.
• All attendees will be required to abide by the mandated regulations in existence at the time, noting that they may change during the season. Each team is empowered to set, and enforce, its own additional policies and procedures as they see fit (above and beyond any mandated regulations) for their own team's cohort.
• Pre-game plate meetings and post-game "handshake" rituals are encouraged but need to recognize that some participants may prefer to abstain or observe "social distancing" protocols. This is totally acceptable.
• Take all garbage with you: this includes everything. We have been informed that there will be a portapotty available at each site but you may wish to bring your own sanitary tissues and sanitizer if using such.
• Helmets, masks and bats are provided to each team for the players who don't have their own to share as needed. No personally owned equipment will be required to be shared. IF you want your child to have their own, Sportco is a great place to go. They'll look after all your needs (just as they do for us). Sportco: 880 King St East., Kitchener
• Ongoing participation requires compliance with all health and safety protocols. We will not issue any refunds for disqualification from our program for non-compliance. We require everyone to play safe and take adequate precautions to ensure the health and safety of others. Please do what you can to ensure everyone can enjoy the game!
• At this time, unless mandated otherwise, teams can set their own policies regarding any procedural and distancing issues.
*** Our compulsory rotation of fielding positions will be in effect for the 2024 season for the Senior T-Ball and both 3-Pitch leagues. All players will have the opportunity to gain experience at all the defensive positions over the course of the season. We will not be relaxing any of the safety policies we already have in place, e.g. mandatory use of face protective equipment by all infielders (both of our T-Ball leagues and both of our 3-Pitch leagues).
• The team's Snack Coordinator, for teams that have one, will manage and coordinate post-game snacks and such as per their team's wishes. A general reminder that healthy snacks are recommended!
Note regarding the May 1st season start date: Our permit issued by The City of Kitchener covers dates from May 1 - June 26 under the advisement that the diamonds/fields will likely still be in the process of being "fully" groomed early in May as maintenance crews work to get all the City's facilities ready. No lines yet? Let's be happy we're allowed to play!
Everything worked out well in 2023 so let's continue to build on that success in 2024!
Respect the health & safety concerns of others.